PRESENT ACTIVITIES OF ABILITY FOUNDATION
Programs run under it :
Ability Institute for the Hearing impaired:
I Under Graduate Programs:
- BSc. (Computer Science)
II Finishing School:
(The first of this kind in the disabled sector)
- Main aim of the course is to make them well versed in comprehensive reading and writing of Malayalam and English.
- Enabling the hearing impaired to attend the PSC tests and interviews with self confidence.
- Enabling them to undertake government and public jobs.
III Vocational training Courses:
- Diploma in computer application
- Desk Top Publishing leading to Advanced DTP
- Fashion designing and dress making
- Aluminium and fibre fabrication work
IV Hostels for Boys and Girls
Short stay home cum Rehabilitation Center for the visually impaired women:
- Home Management Course
- Computer courses
- vocational trainng
Bairuha Guidance Centre:
- Publication of audio magazine ‘Divya Deepthi’
- Personality and awareness camp
- Career counseling
- Placement and follow up services
- Marriage counseling(Pre marital and post marital)
- Family counseling and conciliation
Ability Special School for Differently abled:
Offering special education for the following:
- Mental retardation
- Cerebral palsied
- Multiple disabled
- Down syndrome
- Developmental disorders
- Learning disabled
Career Guidance and Promotion Centre:
- PSC coaching.
- Computer training for the school going visually impaired students.
- Computer training to the visually impaired teachers.
- Daisy format and audio editing course for College going visually impaired students.
- Computer training for the paraplegia persons.
- Umbrella assembling and paper carry bag manufacturing for the visually impaired and multiple handicapped.